Monday, January 7, 2008

One Sister Is Enough

Makayla came up to me with a doll in her arms and our conversation was as follows.

Mom, this is my baby. I wrapped her in a blanket because she was cold.

Oh, good job! (pause) Makayla, do you want mommy to have a baby?

(Pausing to think) Just a minute. I'll get you one. (runs out of the room and comes back with another doll.) Here, mom. Now you have a baby, too.

Thanks. But do you want me to have a baby in my tummy? Then you can have another little sister or maybe a brother.

No, Ellie is my sister.

Do you want a brother?

No, I just need a sister.

So you don't want mommy to have another baby?

Um. . . no, thanks. (turns and walks out of the room)

Well, I guess that settles that!

5 comments:

ann said...

oh no you mite have a prob. when the time does come for you to tell her that you are having a nother baby. She is soooo funny. I was reading on your baby site about sunbeams. Its not a very good time to try to get them to change, I think they are still so little, but on the other hand you can't keep them babies forever can we? I wish!!!!

about the warm wether here, we are just waiting on it to start raining then it will be cold again! but yes we are defently enjoying a little tast of some nice wether...But it is so humid my hair is sooooooo curly what happened to the no humidity in WY? I miss that!

I only have one more in JR. Primary that is only for another year! talk about going older fast!!!


About

Paige said...

That is cute. So far Kenny isn't adjusting all that well to his new brother.

Veronica said...

Good luck with that, Brenden did well at adjusting but he wasn't quite as old as Mckayla, so it could be interesting, but she would soon learn to love another sibling.

Janelle said...

That is so cute Ryan ajusted to Olivia really well be he wasn't even 18 months old yet. The last time we asked him if he wanted another baby he said "yes" so we asked him why and he said, "to eat it." so maybe not yet. Actually I have one of each so I am ready to leave it at that.

Anonymous said...

You know what your father says. "If you don't want to get told no, don't ask." :)
Mom