I've been debating over the past week whether to get the Pioneer Woman Calendar or the Dirty Dancing Calendar for the upcoming year. They are both about the same price, so that really didn't help me decide anything. So I've been thinking of other factors to help me choose. Dirty Dancing is one of my all time favorite movies. And there may not be a calendar for next year. PW will probably have another calendar next year, but this year she is donating part of the proceeds to Special Olympics, a worthy cause especially since Kasey and I have a friend who participates in Special Olympics.
So I asked Kasey to decide for me. I told him the choices, and he immediately vetoed Dirty Dancing. Personally, I didn't think that was very fair since I let him buy a Star Wars calendar that I had to stare at for the entire year of 2006. And which is still currently hanging above my desk because, "It's just cool." And he faithfully changes it every month so we can make sure to see every picture again.
But to come to the real point of my post today, I was shopping in Walmart and just for kicks stopped at the 2008 calendar display in the center of the main isle. There were the usual calendars for sale: Anne Geddes, Sports Illustrated, High School Musical, Humane Society Pets, Spider Man, and Tinker Bell, along with a few others. Then I spotted it. The clear winner in my 2008 calendar debate.
When I got home, I started flipping through to find my favorite--McDreamy. *sigh* It might be April for 12 months next year.
Hooray for finding a 2008 calendar. And hooray for it being $5 cheaper than the other choices. What a happy day!
5 comments:
Laura, Glad you solved the calendar debate. I'm so jealous that I don't have a love affair with this series like you. Do I need to get one???? TV and me--not the tightest. I can get by on very little. But I did obsess about ER for a year or so maybe this would be a good match for me!
You make me laugh! I have to say that I started making my calendars so have a sweet picture of my kids to look at each month. It is always fun to see what they looked like last year at this time.
What a great idea! I'm not sure I'm motivated enough(or creative enough)to make a calendar myself. Are they hard?
this post is so you!!! you are too funny. i also saw that calender...i used to be a fan but my hubby doesn't really approve so i try not to watch it to respect him but i seceretly love love love it.
Post a Comment