When you make these cookies, be sure you have someone to share them with. Otherwise, you will end up eating each and every one of the 48 cookies that this recipe makes. When the lady gave me this recipe she gave me this same warning. But honestly, I didn't see how that could be possible. Oh Baby!!! She was not lying. I gave 6 cookies to a friend, Kasey ate 2 and took another 3 to work. That leaves precisely 37 cookies that were eaten last night and today!! I'm so ashamed. I did share a few with my girls, and they thought they were delicious as well. So enough telling you how good they are. Here's the recipe.
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 15 oz can 100% pure pumpkin
2 Tbsp orange juice
1 tsp grated orange peel
Combine flour, soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar in large bowl. Add egg, pumpkin, orange juice and orange peel. Mix well. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix well again. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto un-greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes or until edges are set. Remove to wire racks and cool completely. Spread or drizzle glaze onto each cookie.
Glaze
3 cups powdered sugar
6 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp grated orange peel
Mix until very smooth.
*This glaze is quite runny. If you like it a little thicker, simply decrease the amount of juice you put in.
I would have posted a picture, but I ate all the cookies before I remembered to whip out the camera. Next week when I make them again (with a friend this time) I'll snap a quick shot of these delectable goodies.
1 comment:
i tried this tonight. they were very good. the boys loved them. spencer ate one before i had time to put the glaze on them. so with or without very yummmmmmy!
Post a Comment