I love to cook! and bake! and taste what I've cooked and baked. Tonight I have to make a pumpkin dessert to take to the church. I've settled on Pumpkin Marble Cheesecake. I've never tried it before, but I've chosen this recipe for 3 reasons. 1) it contains pumpkin which was a requirement for tonight's activity 2) We went to Olive Garden for my birthday--I'm turning 25 on Sunday. Crazy!!--and I was too full to try their Pumpkin Cheesecake. 3) I normally make a wicked cheesecake and I thought, how hard could it be to simply add pumpkin swirls to that?
Here's the recipe in case you all want to try some for yourselves. I'll let you know what I think about it after I've tried it myself.
Start with a graham cracker crust. Store bought or homemade. I use this version: 1 package crushed grahams, 2 tablespoons sugar and 3 tablespoons melted butter (never margarine). Mix and press into 10-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Filling:
2-8 oz packages cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until well-blended. Add one egg at a time, mixing until smooth after each one. Reserve 1 cup of batter. Add 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg to remaining batter, and mix well. Spoon batter alternately over crust. Use a butter knife to cut the batter into a marbled effect. Bake 55 minutes at 350 degrees. Loosen cake from edge of pan. Refrigerate before removing rim.
Sounds simple enough to me. Hope you enjoy yours!
1 comment:
Sounds yummy! You will have to let me know how it turned out.
Post a Comment