Today is my baby's birthday. It's crazy how fast this past year has gone by. For my birthday tribute to her (which is for my benefit more than hers) I'll take you through her first year of life. And if you've read my blog before, you can probably guess that I've done it in pictures.

The day it all began.

My favorite picture from her newborn days. She's 5 days old here.

She was such an easy infant. She was completely content to just watch me, even at 2 months old.

I thought for sure she would be a thumb-sucker after this shot. But this is really the only time she has ever sucked her thumb.

Typical Ellie shot: just hanging out. This time in a cute outfit from
Old Navy.

This is one of 3 pictures I have of her crying. I thought I should document it since it didn't happen very often. I can't even describe to you what a good and easy baby she was compared to her sister. If you knew Makayla as a baby, you completely understand.

My sister made this outfit for Ellie. I think the hat is so funny. I also laugh at the face she is making in this photo. She's around 4 months old.

6 months old with crrraaaaazy hair!

7 months old

Not quite 8 months old. I let her have a piece of chocolate Twizzlers. She obviously loved it.

She went through a phase where she was constantly sticking out her tongue. Wait! What am I talking about...she's
still in that phase.

See. What did I tell you?
(9 months old)

Finally at 10 months she got her first tooth. She put it to good use, too. She stole Makayla's apple and crawled under the table with it. I watched her to see how long she would stay under there with it. She ate about half of that apple before she emerged. Boy, was she loving that!

Peek a boo! A favorite game of hers. (11 months old)

Ellie loves to play "dress up." Even though she can't actually put her own clothes on, she loves to try. This is Ellie opening presents at my parents' house on Thanksgiving. I thought it would be fun to do presents with a little bit of family around.
Loving on her new glow worm baby.
Ellie in all her 5-toothed, 1-year-old glory!
Happy Birthday, Ellie Belle! I sure love you!
5 comments:
oh how i miss her, good job on the post. i love it.
So I have to shamefully admit that it wasn't until I had the time to look more fully into your blog and link to some of the blogs on your list that I knew for sure that this was you.
Your girls are so cute. It is fun to keep finding all these Bear Lakers on the blogging network. Keep in touch.
what a cutie!!! isn't it crazy how they just keep growing. what a fun way to celebrate her birthday on the blog.
She is adorable. Isn't it crazy how fast they grow up.
I can't believe that she is one already, they just grow up so fast, but continue to be so much fun. She is a doll
Post a Comment