I've been thinking about a topic to blog about all day today. I love to write stuff, but I want to write something interesting not just something to take up space in the abyss.
So, I guess I'll post about this amazing recipe I tried last Friday. It's pico de gallo and guacamole. If you are a faithful reader of The Pioneer Woman Cooks, you may have already tried this recipe. But for those of you who don't read it and haven't tried this, you must immediately go to the store and buy the ingredients to make it. It's just that good.
Ingredients
5 firm Roma tomatoes
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded
1 small onion
1 bunch of cilantro
1 lime
salt
3 avocados
Instructions
Dice tomatoes and onion. Toss in a medium bowl. Seed jalapenos and dice. (If you like your pico to be spicy, use 3 peppers and leave the seeds in. I'm a whimp, and therefore, only used 2 peppers with no seeds. It was plenty hot for my taste.) Toss in with tomatoes and onions. Chop cilantro until it's fine, but not minced. Add to your bowl and stir everything together. Squeeze half of a small lime into the bowl. Add a couple of shakes of salt and stir.
Now for the guacamole part. Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop out the meat into a bowl (whatever size you deem appropriate). Mash with a fork, a pastry cutter (that's what I prefer), or the bottom of a clean cup (like Pioneer Woman). Salt lightly. Again, just a couple of shakes is enough. Add a generous scoop of the pico de gallo you just made. Stir it all together and serve with chips.
This is so delicious! It's a meal in and of itself. Well, at least I think so. If you are a visual cook, click here to see how pioneer woman did it. She gives pictures for each step. It's really quite fun to read through. So, enjoy your pico and guac.
No comments:
Post a Comment