So, I did the permed-hair thing for about 3 years. Then, I got to middle school and realized that permed hair was no longer the cool thing. So, I grew out the curls and started placing GIANT ribbon bow clips in my hair. This I really wish I had a picture of because it would make you pee-your-pants laugh. And where I got the idea that giant ribbon bows were cooler than permed hair, I will never know.
I think 8th grade was probably where I had my most boring hairstyle. It was a chin-length bob with bangs, and it worked. Then I moved on to high school. That was a pretty big deal, of course, and I needed a hairdo that would stand out. So my sister, who was going to cosmetology school at the time, gave me an a-line bob which I absolutely loved! I would have that haircut again except that it only looks good for about 3 weeks before it needs to be cut again. And it took me about 45 minutes to style. And really, what mom has that kind of time to devote to styling her hair. My answer? Not a mom with small children.
I eventually grew my hair long again. When I was ready for another change, I didn't cut it. I colored it. Yep, it was blonde highlights for me. Senior year was the biggest change. I went from hair that went to the center of my back to a super short cut. It looked like this, but shorter in the back.
Of all the hairstyles I've had, that was my favorite. It seriously took me longer to wash my hair than it did to style it. But eventually I missed having long hair to run my fingers through. So I started the 5 year battle of short vs. long hair. I've been wearing various styles of long for the past few years all the while wrestling with myself about cutting it super short again. The thing with short hair is that I always end up wanting long hair again. And so begins the 6 month journey of horrible hair while I wait for it to grow.
So, now that you are up to speed on the history of my hair (is anyone still reading, I wonder?), we come to my hair appointment today. I should have know that it would not be a good experience when I, first, showed up 2 hours early, and then, came back 5 mintues late. I had this perfect picture of the hairstyle I wanted.

6 comments:
Well, I think your hair could be cute if you weren't making such a sour-puss face! I definitely think she cut it shorter in some parts than the picture but I would love to see you style it with a little more poof!
Don't worry if you don't like it, it will grow way fast with your hair being as healthy as it is. Your still a cutie!
i as well got my hair cut and i feel like i have a mullet!!! so we are in this together because i fell like i need to go back and get more cut off too. you are cute with short or long hair.
I think it is cute, but you are right not much like the picture. If you don't like it play with it before you go get more cut off. Try some poof to it like someone else mentioned and see if you like it more.
Hey, it's not bad,but definately play with it a bit if anything I would just cut more off that longer layer. but no matter what you are always a cutie
I've read a lot of blogs about bad haircuts lately! Must be a nation-wide pact the stylists have all taken!
I think it is very cute. To add more body try blow drying it upside down and use a round brush
Post a Comment